ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have A 05 Polaris 800 Went To Pull Quad Out Today Andf Battery Is Shot Wont Take A Charge So I Jump Started It Let It Run In Thedriveway For A While And The Fan Comes On And Off It Wont Stay On To Cool Motor So It Over Heatedtemp Hit 250 And Gauges Flashed Hot I Did Try To Unplug Tempsensor Because That Will Keep It On At All Times And Nothing Any Ideas??? Will A Bad Battery Screw Up Computer ? So It Cant Keep Fan On It Does Hold A Charge For About Ten Minutes Or So After You Shut Off

·
Banned
377 Posts
battery....

Those quads need a fully charged battery to run correctly. It needs a New Battery. If you put a battery tender on it through out the year it seems to keep the battery at full. I've heard of people buying brand new batteries and they didn't work because they were defective(didn't hold a full charge). Just like a car battery=If the charge gets to low=the alternator won't be able to recharge it because the machine will require most of the battery power to operate the computer. The battery will allways stay low unless you charge it fully and test it to make sure it holds charge after you ride it. Don't forget to check the fuse by the battery....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts