ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering a 2009 Sportsman Touring 500 EFI X2. Main use will be on roads in a cabin area (7,200 ft) at low speeds - <30mph. But, we will also trailer it to other ATV tracks, backcountry roads and trails in the Utah mountains and deserts. No high speed or aggessive off roading. Mountains can involve altitude to 9,000 ft. The dealer is near the cabin and at 7,000 feet - he indicates that they adjust the clutch for altitude and that the 500 will have plenty of power for our needs, plus save dollars compared to an 800.

We compared the Polaris to the Can-AM and liked the setup and features of the Polaris better, though the 500 Can-AM had a little more power.

Price is just over $7,000.

This is my first entry into ATVing - been hoofing it to this point - so I need some advise.

Please Fire Away!!

Thanks - Hank

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
I have had a Polaris befroe and I loved it. It was a 500. Good power and reliable, A buddy bought it from me years ago and he is still running strong with it!

·
Registered
48 Posts
the polaris 500 is a very good atv and should have plenty of power for you. i have had four polaris 500's and not one problem with any of them. i had a 02 500 that i had put 6000 hard mile's on it and still running great when i sold it.

polaris has the best ride and comfort of any brand atv and the best 4 wheel drive system

i don't know much on the can am, but i have read that they had some frame's bending and breaking.

i would not own any other brand of atv but polaris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts