ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
howdy all, sweet site here....:cool:

looking at picking up this used 2-stroke scrambler, but for some reason the old owner dis-abled the oil-injection and was running pre-mix..... is that okay on these? of course i'll be hooking that back up to work properly, but what kind of permanent damage may have occured and how will i know? he says it runs pretty good, going to look at it in couple dyas. i also don't know exactly how he 'dis-abled' the oil-injection. thanks a lot to anybody with any help and cheers to all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own a 96 Polaris Xpress that I Premix with only becasue I dont trust the oil injection system. I do the same for my Jet ski as well becasue the oil line broke on my jet ski while riding it and luckily I was able to get back to shore before ruining my engine. so now all my 2 strokes get premixed, My Polaris is running 36 to 40 to one ratio, and I have had no problems with it that way. so there should be no damage to your quad for premixing, many of us do it. now the type of oil will. I have used the Castor oil for 2 strokes but it is expensive but is a good product. I have since switched to the Polaris Gold less expensive but still a good oil.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought a 04 400L, that was "disabled".... the oil injection pump section of the throttle cable was broken. So he was running premix, and I am too. Somewhere around 45:1, and it runs very well, idles fine and has tons of power. Doesn't overheat either, and in the limited time we've been using it, hasn't misfired or fouled a plug yet. I'm still amazed at how much more power this thing has than the brother-in-law's '98 Bayou 400 !

I use Premium Injection/Premix oil from Canadian Tire, the generic CT brand. I find this oil mixes well and stays mixed better than more expensive oils, and haven't worn anything out with it yet, including my 1960-something Lawn-Boy 2-stroke mower.

The throttle cable retails at over a hundred bucks (like $130 plus tax), and since every other thing I own runs on mix (mower, trimmer, chainsaw), I'll just use the same can to fill everything !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts