ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 arctic cat 4x2 454, when I go to take off in first gear, I hear a clunking noise around where the drive shaft goes into the motor. It also does it when I acclerate too fast in all the other gears as well. This is my first atv, so i dont know much about them, any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Has this always happened? And, have you talked to a dealer yet?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just bought it a couple weeks ago, guy said all it needed was a cdi box, got that started right up. Rode it and instantly heard this noise. I haven't taken it to a dealer cause i dont have the money for them to mess with it.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
I have a 1998 arctic cat 4x2 454, when I go to take off in first gear, I hear a clunking noise around where the drive shaft goes into the motor. It also does it when I accelerate too fast in all the other gears as well. This is my first atv, so i dont know much about them, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Is there any slop in the drive shaft at all any side to side movement?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 1998 arctic cat 4x2 454, when I go to take off in first gear, I hear a clunking noise around where the drive shaft goes into the motor. It also does it when I acclerate too fast in all the other gears as well. This is my first atv, so i dont know much about them, any help would be greatly appreciated.
hi there did you ever get this fixed mine is doing the same thing and i don't know what it si email me a t [email protected] or please post again thnaks rizzo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts