ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Kawasaki 650 Prairie, riding down the trail at about 40 mph. It started to spit and it seemed like it went into "Limp home"
mode. Would not go over 28mph. Got it home changed plugs, checked switch in the belt cover, checked fuses, nothing, no warning lights nothing. Any ideas?
bought the thing new, never really rode it too hard.

·
Registered
2 Posts
650 trouble

You may have already found out but here goes the problem you have is a safe mode for sure your belt light needs to be reset .Some one on here will surely know exactly how it`s I had the same trouble on my old 360 and it comes about in the first one hundred hrs or so the dealer will charge you for this so maybe try here as you have or possibly you tube good luck .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tryed that and...

You may have already found out but here goes the problem you have is a safe mode for sure your belt light needs to be reset .Some one on here will surely know exactly how it`s I had the same trouble on my old 360 and it comes about in the first one hundred hrs or so the dealer will charge you for this so maybe try here as you have or possibly you tube good luck .
Ok I pulled the belt housing cover and checked the switch, all good. Reset the slow mode by reversing the gray and black connectors, it gave me the fast blinks and slow ones, that I read about and still spits and sputters like it is in safe mode. Any other ideas I can check would be great, Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts