ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering getting into the world of quads. I come from motorcycles and Jeeps but moved to the Midwest a few years back and there is a lot of ATV trails here (no bikes allowed). I have seen enough quads over the years to have an idea of what I probably want but don’t know models.

4x4, four wheel independent suspensions, 10 years old (for $ reasons), mid sized engine (300-600cc), I like projects so ability to add lockers, lifts, bigger tires, etc later on is a plus. It will probably be riding solo mostly, but 2 up with the wife once in awhile would be nice.

Thanks for some initial guidance.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Welcome to the forum. From your description I think your going to be looking for a Polaris 500. They were made for several years and they had independent suspension.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree with RDC, a Polaris Sportsman 570 with power steering would suit you nicely. Polaris has the best suspension, Can Am has the most power, Honda has the most bullet proof drive train.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Appreciate the info, good suspension helps reduce fatigue throughout the day. Does the Polaris have any known problems?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Appreciate the info, good suspension helps reduce fatigue throughout the day. Does the Polaris have any known problems?
Well.....yes and no....lol. All off road machines can have issues. Some people swear by certain brands. I’ve never had an issue with my Polaris 850. Reviews state that Honda has the best reliability and fewest repairs, but they are a bit behind the times in modern design and accessories.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand that anything mechanical will have something once in awhile. But some engines, like Kawasaki KLR650 with its doohickey is a known issue that is best to upgrade before it’s a problem on the trailer.

Any thoughts on the King Quads?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts