ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i'm new here, was wondering if i should rejet my 2008 suzuki king quad 400 as or if i should purchase a dial-a-jet. i live near st. louis and am going to the atv jamboree in richfield utah next september. i'm not sure what would be better. i've heard all i need to do is add a dial-a-jet, but i would like other opinions.:confused:

·
Banned
377 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum.

The Dial-A-Jet is always adding fuel, so you cant actually lean it out.

"At our usual testing altitude of 2500 feet, the biggest improvement we noticed was throttle response. Our stock EX revved up just as quick as if it had a free flowing exhaust system on. The revs hit the limiter noticeably sooner than before. Since the product only effects the main jet, idle was not affected. Out on the test track, we noticed a small increase in mid and top-end power. The makers claim it is about two horsepower gain. At this altitude, turning the dial barely made a difference. An average rider wouldn't notice a thing.

Our second test took us up in the mountains to an elevation near 7500 feet. With the same internal jetting, our 400EX performed fair with the dial at a neutral position. However, when we turned the dial to full negative (less fuel) the motor performed as good as it did back at 2500 feet. For example, we turned the dial to full rich and the motor did as expected. It ran well in the mid-range then stumbled on the top-end and puffed smoke when we shifted. The new system allowed us to ride with nearly full power all the way to about 10,000 feet"
Hope this helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts