ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride an Arctic Cat 2006 DVX 400, and just recently bought a pair of riding boots. I'm wondering where my shifter and brake should be set, (lower or higher then usual?) because it's really awkward. Also when shifting and braking should i have my foot still on the pegs???

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
i kept my shifter in the stick position i just got use to it. depending on where i ride and how om riding i shift with my toe or side of boot. i always shift and brake with my feet on the pegs. i stripped a shifter shaft out on my kawasaki years ago. i usetoo shift with my heel alot and it may of put the extra pressure and weight on the shifter.it does not take a lot of forse to shift and its easier to evaluate braking presures with your toe. try moving you r shifter around you may find a better spot but i like the stock position whether i am on trail or track

·
Registered
56 Posts
I would diffidently keep your foot on the pegs when you shift for safety reasons. If your foot falls that would be a good way to screw up your ankle or break your leg if it gets ran over by your rear tire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts