ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a newbie rider (about 15 hrs riding time total)...most of that has been ATV's I rented to ride in the dunes. I bought a 2012 Polaris TrailBlazer 330 last week and I am wondering what sand tires I should buy. Since it is a heavier ATV should I get more expensive better quality ones, or do you think I will not see much of a difference buying less expensive tires? Should I get tires that have a blade that is straight across or an upside down V. How many paddles would you recommend on the tire?

Thank you very much!
-Michelle

·
Registered
17 Posts
Since it's a smaller cc quad, I would recommend tires with a straight paddle with 6-7 paddles.

Straight paddles will give you a better chance of trying to do power slides.

Don't worry about buying expensive tires, you won't be doing 100ft jumps or monster hill climbs on a TrailBlazer.

Welcome to the sport...next week you'll want a bigger faster quad....we always do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hahaha, I am sure I will after I ride more. I went riding this weekend for 3 hours and my whole body hurts!

That information is very helpful, thank you. I was getting so confused about what I needed when I was researching sand tires, there were so many options I didn't know what would be best for my type of bike.

-Michelle

·
Registered
17 Posts
That's a nice bike, couple buddies have them and they're happy with them. It's a nice light fast quad, lots of fun. A LOT different from the Polaris.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks :). It is really different from the Polaris but better for the riding I do ( playing around, jumping, not racing ). I grew out of the Polaris already.

It was a loss trading in a month old ATV for a new one but I was able to get sand tires with rims for both my new ATV and my husbands out of the deal...we pick then up on Wednesday. I also got the down payment on my extended warranty and 3 yrs full maintenance plan taken off. So I ended up with a loss of about $1300. Suzuki is also doing an instant $600 off that model right now so that helped.

My husband has a 2012 yahmaha YFZ450. I should be able to keep up with him. His ATV is 40# lighter than mine but with us riding his is heavier since I only weigh 125#. Mine is fuel injected too, so I think with those factors I could keep up with the 50cc difference. I don't know much about ATV's as the super knowledgeable people on this forum so I could be wrong!

I love my new ATV though, can't wait to take it to pismo dunes this weekend.

-Michelle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts