ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I am not an owner yet but have been researching all brands. The last ATV I owned was a 06 Rancher and sold it a couple of years later to buy a boat, LOL. I am currently offshore but will be returning to land next week for some ride time at my nearest Suzuki, Yamaha, and Can-Am dealers. I was able to get a little seat time in before coming to work but no ride time. I was able to sit on the Kodiak 450, Outlander 450, Polaris 400/570, Suzuki 400 and 500, and also… a Honda Rancher. I will start off by saying I am a short guy (5-2) with short arms. Of the brands I had an opportunity to sit on, the Polaris felt like a Jeep, and I don’t really care for the looks of the Honda. The most comfortable seating was the Kodiak, Outlander, and Honda. The seat on the Suzuki wasn’t quite as comfortable as the rest but would do. I have to say I am truly drawn to the Kodiak but the handlebars are too far forward for my lil T-rex arms. Ergonomically speaking, the order (for me) would be tied between the Kingquad, Outlander, and Honda. Again, I am drawn to the Kodiak. Is there anyone who has changed the handlebars to give you more “bend” at the elbows? Looking for a more upright riding experience. My new quad will basically be used for utility purposes around the house and on my hunting lease, and definitely will have power steering. I'm not into the "mudding" scene, just a casual rider looking for a capable comfortable quad. I have no experience with CVT anything and that is where my concerns are and hopefully test rides will clear things up. For those who have come from manual to CVT...what are the biggest things to adjust to?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Going from a manual to a cvt is no problem but going back to a manual I find myself forgetting to shift gears. I find the polaris is the most comfortable ride and Honda the most reliable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts