ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 07 or 08 im not sure ???? its an artic cat 700 efi and a couple time this year i went through a few rivers and on the way out the other side the belt started slipping pretty bad ?? the water line was about 3 incesh below the seat ???? has anyone ever ran into these problems before ? and what do you do to fix this ? all the other bikes that were with me were shaft drive so no ther cats to compare to ........ Its a first time cat purchas for me and i love the bike but if this cant be rectafied i will not be a happy camper ....

Much appreciate any input guys

stan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Water in the belt housing, It doesnt take much to make the belt slip. The worst thing you can do his stay on the gas when you know the belt is slipping. There is a drain plug at the bottom of the belt housing by the foot peg. 10mm nut I think. Pull the plug and hit the throttle while the bike is in neutral to help push the water out. If it got really soaked you should take the cover off the belt housing and clean and inspect everything. Check all your couplers and clamps on the belt intake and belt exhaust side. You probablly have a loose clamp. If your's is anything like my 2010 it has a poorly designed belt exhaust that loops up and back down behind the engine. I took mine off and snorkled it up and around to just under the handlebars. Hasn't been an issue since, unless you get in really deep of course. Then you'll have way more problems than a slipping belt.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts