ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: i wonder if polaris makes a heat guard for the muffler itself? my 500 has melted two taillight hubs, the part that the bulb sits in, and plugs into the tail light housing. this is only happening on the right rear where of course, the muffler sits under the tail light assembly?:dunno:

·
Registered
1 Posts
:confused: i wonder if polaris makes a heat guard for the muffler itself? my 500 has melted two taillight hubs, the part that the bulb sits in, and plugs into the tail light housing. this is only happening on the right rear where of course, the muffler sits under the tail light assembly?:dunno:

yeah i had the same problem. i was in a good mud pit and water got into the whole assembly. i thought it was just a short circuit that burt it and led to the water flooding in. did you figure out how to fix it? i doubt you could rap the pipe on the top so that it wouldnt be so hot around there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i put a very thin coat of grease on the gaskets so that you can still unscrew the bulbs, and i built a heat guard cut out of road sign aluminum. ugly but effective. will post picswhen i get them

·
Registered
31 Posts
The shield was a good idea....you could also buy some heat tape and tape the areas....that what i did on my right side panel with the exhaust comes out....it does get hott...!!!:laugh:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts