ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here. Just bought a brand new 2022 king quad 750. Already got a snorkel kit and radiator relocate on the way. Now something I'm not so familiar with is the exhaust and what the best setup is to keep it running and idling under water. The stock muffler seems like it has a pretty small opening, which I believe would theoretically make it easier to keep the water out, but I know the stock muffler also has a spark arrestor and maybe some other stuff in there that could inhibit the outward pressure? The muffler Im looking at possibly replacing it with is the HMF performance series. It looks like it has a much larger opening but also less stuff inside the muffler. I have found a lot of mixed info on which one is going to be better at pushing water out. Any input on this would be much appreciated

·
Registered
140 Posts
How deeper water can you go in before it floats ? I've driven quads through water before but the exhaust was never a problem, nor even the inlet. I've always found they start to get too light on their feet to get any grip.

I've also driven two wheelers through water, and they do get grip, so I've had them a hundred mills over the handlebars, with all original air intake and exhaust. It wasn't a good idea, but I misjudged the depth.. haha. The engine can run for a few seconds with the aircleaner keeping water out, and the bike running on some sort of vacuum. And as long as the motor is running, water won't get up the exhaust, and the bit of back-pressure, doesn't seem to effect them at the light throttle settings I normally go through water at. I've even seen it happen on an old triumph with two exposed filters on the back of the carbies..

Exhausts really aren't an issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts