ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I bought a 2001 Vinson quadrunner as few years back and just found a problem with it. I hadn't gotten stuck anywhere with it, so I never noticed a problem with the 4wd. I think the previous owner must of known there was an issue with the front differential. It was run dry and appears that water came in ripped vent tube. I need new cv axles as one completely came apart and all new bearings and seals in the diff. I can rebuild the diff for around $200 but here is my problem. I think the previous owner new this was a problem and he removed the 4wd actuator and it's like $400 used! I can buy an entire front diff for $500 used.

I guess my question is this:

Does anyone know how this motor operates? It just looks like a windshield wiper motor. I'm assuming it runs in either direction until the 2wd switch and 4wd switch in the diff interrupt power. I found a actuator online for $40 that doesn't work. I'm wondering if I can use the bracket and gears and just swap the motor from some random automotive wiper motor. Any insight on this would be great. Thanks alot

·
Registered
30 Posts
just spitballin' here, but have you tried getting the part number and googling it for a chinese knock-off?

I was able to get a replacement carb for an 04 Grizzly for under 50 bucks and I just traded out the jets to make it work, when the OEM carb was over $300 to replace

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish! I've tried searching it by part number and had no luck. I'm tempted to just a hole in the plastics and weld a lever off the diff. Just go low tech manual select! This machine is already if rough shape anyway. It's just a beater to plow my driveway. I'll post my solution in case someone finds it useful...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello All,

I bought a 2001 Vinson quadrunner as few years back and just found a problem with it. I hadn't gotten stuck anywhere with it, so I never noticed a problem with the 4wd. I think the previous owner must of known there was an issue with the front differential. It was run dry and appears that water came in ripped vent tube. I need new cv axles as one completely came apart and all new bearings and seals in the diff. I can rebuild the diff for around $200 but here is my problem. I think the previous owner new this was a problem and he removed the 4wd actuator and it's like $400 used! I can buy an entire front diff for $500 used.

I guess my question is this:

Does anyone know how this motor operates? It just looks like a windshield wiper motor. I'm assuming it runs in either direction until the 2wd switch and 4wd switch in the diff interrupt power. I found a actuator online for $40 that doesn't work. I'm wondering if I can use the bracket and gears and just swap the motor from some random automotive wiper motor. Any insight on this would be great. Thanks alot
I'm actually looking for a bad front differential that's got a got output shaft if your interested? Mine is a 2002 LTF quad runner which is the same as the LTA quad master.As you can see from the photo of my output shaft the end where the snap ring goes is cracked and actually missing a little piece .
Nickel Drill accessories Cylinder Gas Wood

Crankset Automotive tire Vehicle brake Gear Bicycle chain

Automotive tire Bicycle part Locking hubs Rim Vehicle brake

Automotive tire Rim Gas Bicycle hub Bicycle part

Gas Nickel Cylinder Auto part Rim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts