ATV Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have a suzuki vinson 500 4x4 auto. It's an 06 model. This machine has been great to me over the years but it recently began over heating on the trail. I checked all the normal stuff like oil and coolant levels, though at first I only checked the fill bottle for the antifreeze and it was fine. After getting it home and in the shop I removed all the plastic and checked the thermostat which is operating as it should. I should mention that the fan is also operational. I then thought I should inspect the water pump, but after removing the bolts and trying to remove it I found that it was coming hard so I never fully removed it. I only slid it out a short distance and then pushed it back in and and replaced the bolts. I am fairly certain my over heating problem was due to a low amount of fluid in the radiator itself. My problem now however is that it smokes a great deal after a hard start up and there would appear to be antifreeze in my oil! My question is, is it possible I somehow damaged either the mechanicals seal or the oil seal by pulling on the water pump? It seams unlikely to me as I never separated the pump itself but something is definitely going on here. Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts