ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I have recently found a love for working on things mechanical, and with that I have been rebuilding a couple cheap four wheelers. I rebuilt a Coolster 110 and am now working on a smaller Tao Tao 110. I bought it from a guy who said the stator caught on fire and he removed it. I found out when I got it tore apart that he removed more things than he needed to.

I bought a new stator and put it in, but I realized I'm missing something from it. In my pictures, its the red circled part. I don't think its the pickup switch as that's inside the 2 coil stator I bought.

Any help on what this is and what I need to do? Thank you in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
I'm not sure anything goes there. It could be a boss for an electric starter. By the looks of the dirt, its
been empty for awhile.

Mad

·
Registered
3 Posts
The current electric starter is on the opposite side of the top sprocket. There is something missing but not sure what it is. Not related to the stator?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m not sure honestly, I was watching a YouTube video where he was disassembling one similar to mine and something was sitting there with a cord going into the stator. That’s when I realized mine was missing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts