ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I know that there is more to ATVs than just starting it and flying away (i wish that was true).

Im starting to get tired from asking my friends to do simple maintenance stuff and upgrades (new full exhaust system, cherry bomb, tires, skid plates, suspension, etc.) and even the big stuff (cylinder kits and the like), i dont like putting burdens on people.

So how did you guys teach yourself/learn how to do these things on your own? is there a guidebook you bought/read? website? videos?

thanks!!

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
watching my father work in things from cars to quads and anything else you can think of I learned to jujst pay attention to what I am doing and If I have a ? I ask someone. I also have a manual for my quad my truck what ever I messing with that show pics and schematics of the item I working on and I also have the grat advice of many friend on the Forums.
My best advice is to get a repair manual, read it and take your time!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

Next time you have to do work on your atv get one of your buddies to watch over your shoulder. You'll learn way faster by doing and gain confidence in seeing it's not some black art.

Good Luck & Take Care

·
Registered
24 Posts
I learned from trial and error. Get a clymer manual http://www.clymer.com/ and figure it out. Also, forums are a great source of experience and help. Find a forum that has a lot of people that would know how to work specifically on your quad.

If you can turn a screwdriver and a wrench, you can do it! Knowledgable friends are good too, but don't make them do it, just have them watch you do it and offer advice and assistance when needed. You aren't gonna learn if you don't get down and dirty. You'll probably break more stuff than you're actually fixing sometimes, but thats the nature of the beast. Good Luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts