ATV Forum banner

they stall!?

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ghost civic 
#1 ·
i have a 88 fourtrax 300, and a 86 fourtrax 350. they both run really good, and start up easy. however, after riding around for an hour or so, they MIGHT stall when idling. not when im driving around, only when idling. and they both will start back up.
and, after they stall and i start them back up, they will stay idling(most of the time) and i can drive them fine.
i thought maybe they were getting hot, i can feel heat coming off the motor. but its only 50 degrees outside!
any ideas?
i havent done anything to either machine. they are as i bought them. are there some simple maintance things i can do that might help them run better?
is there any product that i could add to the fuel to help clean the carbs?
thanx for any input!

#4 ·
my quad they recommend running 91 i run 93 most r like that. my buddy ran regunleaded 89 in his and it ran like s--t. so he started running 93 and it ran better. it also recommendedin his owners manual to run 91. whenis the last time you serviced the vaves an air cleaner it is good to keep up with those.

#5 ·
i bought them not that long ago. i have done nothing to either of them.
the stalling issue isnt huge. its only happened 2-3 times in several hours of running.

i have put new gas in yesturday. i think it will help.

im also going to buy some gas additive that should clean the carbs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.