ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all — new here so please remove my post if it doesn’t belong in this section.

Can-Am Outlander 570 xmr
There is fluid (I suspect oil) spitting from where the front manifold meets the rear manifold. I suspect oil because it doesn’t have a scent and it seems slow to dry up.

I’m also having a lot of issues with throttle lag...it mostly sat for the winter, and when I was getting it ready to ride realized it is very slow to respond from a dead stop and doesn’t seem to kick in until around 5mph. It doesn’t seem to accelerate the way it should and tops out around 30mph. Checked spark plugs, replaced gas and ran some sea foam..noticed the leak when I removed the heat shield.

Any advice is appreciated!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Check to see if your oil level is high. This can cause oil to be blown out the exhaust and through the crankcase breather into the air box. If its over filled , smell the oil. If it smells like fuel, your perform is leaking.

Mad

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for replying!
Checked the oil, it’s not overfilled and doesn’t smell like fuel. I’ll double check but I don’t think there is a petcock on this model.
Any ideas on what might be causing the throttle issue? I drove it again and it wouldn’t go up the slightest inclines if I didn’t have speed/momentum.

·
Registered
261 Posts
For the running issue, complete strip and clean of the carb. ( I assume its carburated) otherwise clean the injector
With today's gas you just can't let them sit. I put Stabil in all my fuel cans every time I get gas. Don't ever have to wonder if I have stabilizer in there.

Mad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts