ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to hear from you all out there.

What tires do you run any why you are running these tires.

The tire on your machine are they factory or have you upgraded.

What made you buy the tires you are running

The terrain, mud, trail, sand, rocks, etc.

I'm looking to purchase new tires for a new machine, I ride trail hard pack to forest with a clay to sand base. I do like mud running, swamp holes and water on the trail.

50% trail 25% clay mud 25% swamp water peat-bog

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I own a Honda TRX rancher 350 I just installed 4 new Dirt Devil II tires on me ATV so far like them. (knock on wood) I heard a few negative comments on them but they are priced well. I wanted to go up a inch in size an due to the fact that the rancher 350 has a 11 inch rim with an rare rear tire size (24-9-11) the tire choses are limited, but in front it has 24-8-12. At first I installed 25-8-12 in front and 25-10-11 in back but to notice that the rear tire was too big by about an inch and a half, making the front rear wheel ratio unbalanced with the OEM tire size. So I kept the front tires and changed for 24-10-11 in the rear making the ratio closer to the OEM specs. I am waiting of snow to see how they will do in snow. Before I was running on Kenda Bearclaw, 24-8-12 and 24-9-11 the OEM tire size. Very good tire and well priced. Good traction in mud, snow and sand. has a rim protector. The only problem is that the tires are built smaller then the specs. a 24-8-12 and 24-10-11 is in real life is 23 inches in hight. I have a friend who rides a Bombarier 650 Quest and he installed ITP mud light XL they have 1-1-8 thread, mean tires and look very good on the ATV, but they do ride rough on hard pack terrin due to the big nobby theads. I find that for the price the mudlite is a very good tire and the ATV world it is the most sold. I should had installed mudlites on my ATV but I was attacted to the Dirt Devil II theads and it is a new tire that is priced well. So I decided to try them out but to notice in the ATV forums that there are bad comments about them. Any it done they installed on my ATV so far so good like keep my fingers crossed, but my next buy will most likely be ITP MudLites. So this is my experience with ATV tires so far. Good luck and hope this was some help to you. Good day

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would like to hear from you all out there.

What tires do you run any why you are running these tires.

The tire on your machine are they factory or have you upgraded.

What made you buy the tires you are running

The terrain, mud, trail, sand, rocks, etc.

I'm looking to purchase new tires for a new machine, I ride trail hard pack to forest with a clay to sand base. I do like mud running, swamp holes and water on the trail.

50% trail 25% clay mud 25% swamp water peat-bog
i run some tpe of goodyear tire and there awesome

·
Registered
2 Posts
i ride an 87 warrior finally found a trail to ride that has hills climbs, rocks, mud, water crossings and a few jumps.... i have bald front tires right now lol and lil dinky 18 inch tires that r worn down too i think they r a holeshot imitation ...i bought off craigslist two itp holeshot xc for the front for 40 bucks and ups is sending me two mud lite at tires i chose these tires b/c the fronts r a 4 ply rating im pretty sure and the mud lites r a 6 ply rated which is great to protect from being punctured i wanna have good traction in mud cant wait for some warm weather by the way this is my first post yeah me

·
Registered
6 Posts
I usually run stock on my Grizzly, but if I know I'm going to ride on a tough trail I put on my 26" ITP Terracross XDs. They give me a little more clearance and the treads wrap around to the sidewalls.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts