ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2014 rancher 4x4 420 dct..
it has larger tires than oem..
itp SS wheels 12” with mega mayhem very aggressive tires 27” front 9” w rear 11”..
Are these tires hard on the drivetrain? For this quad. Haven’t even taken it out yet, but looks like it would be rough riding & squirrelly.
thinking of going to new tires , closer to stock.. 24-25” ?
anyone have experience with these? Any advice.
new to ATVs.
Thx

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yep. They ride bumpy when your going slow. I bet if you offer to trade them for a stock set on Craigslist they won’t last a day.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep. They ride bumpy when your going slow. I bet if you offer to trade them for a stock set on Craigslist they won’t last a day.
You’re probably right on that 😊. They aren’t cheap. I think the former owner spent a grand on tires/wheels. And they’d probably be great in the wet areas of my hunt lease. Might get a set of oem rims & mild tires for around home, & use these during hunting season. Will look on CL & ebay.
wonder why Honda put 11” rims on the back &12s on the front? Softer ride?
thanks again for your insight.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I’m not sure why Honda has always put bigger wheels on the front. That goes back to the three wheeler days. Those heavy lugged tires are great in the mud. My son has them on his outlander and I hate when the little joker has to pull me out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts