ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2002 trx250ex and i think its over heating way too quick??
i see a little oil cooler or rad on the front of the bike and i think it aint workin! and the bike has a little clicking noise in the engine.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
i have a 2002 trx250ex and i think its over heating way too quick??
i see a little oil cooler or rad on the front of the bike and i think it aint workin! and the bike has a little clicking noise in the engine.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
The clicking noise could be the valves. they ma need adjusting. My 400ex is a little valve clicky. thats the way those air cooled motors seem to sound. I check my valves frequently to make sure its in the specs. what makes you think it is over heating?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i though mabee it was over heating because the block was getting way hotter than i'v ever noticed and when i noticed the clicking noise i thought mabee i could of melted somthin inside,,,,,,,,,, and i put yamalube10W 40 in as the new oil. should i use a different oil?

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
i though mabee it was over heating because the block was getting way hotter than i'v ever noticed and when i noticed the clicking noise i thought mabee i could of melted somthin inside,,,,,,,,,, and i put yamalube10W 40 in as the new oil. should i use a different oil?
I use Honda synthetic oil. My quad feels hot. have you ever adjusted the valves or checked them. That could be the clicking noise. ITs air cooled bike and things that cause them to over heat r timing issues, air fuel mixtures and valve clearance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts