ATV Forum banner

upper and lower control arms 01 kodiak 400

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  93truck 
#1 ·
does anyone know if the 01 kodiak 400 4x4 upper and lower control arms cross to another yamaha model. Parts for this atv are hard to find and very pricey

#2 · (Edited)
I've had reasonable luck with using the Yamaha online parts catalog to get the factory part numbers, then search eBay or other parts places for the factory numbers, that eliminates the need to know what other models the parts might fit. www.powersportsnation.com has been good for me, I have the 2000 Kodiak 400 and have bought a few items for it from them. eBay has some for around $30 plus shipping right now, you probably aren't going to find much cheaper than that. I've had some luck contacting smaller sellers directly and asking if they are accepting offers, some have surprised me, but others see the value in getting a 20 year old item out of their inventory. There are also Canadian ATV salvage places as well, and the dollar is in your favour.

#4 ·
Have you had any luck? I just took a quick look and found both uppers on eBay. One was $20 and one was $35. At one time I needed an upper left for my 2003. Many places didn’t even have it but the one or two that did wanted like $265. I found the part on eBay for $25 and bought TWO.
One thing you probably need to consider with the 2000-2002 models is the ball joint is part of the upper and if you buy used it may be worn out. I don’t know enough about that series to know if it can be removed. In 2003 they put a snap ring on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.