ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
92 warrior getting hot while idling less that a minute. valves have been adjusted. larger jet. .20 over w/ k&n air filter. had dg full exhaust but removed it. the exhaust warped at the head. The bike ran great til the exhaust came apart while riding. Thats when everything started down hill. The flange studs are half stripped but that is another issue, I think. Any recommendations would be nice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put the stock exhaust back on. it has lost a lot of power. i need to put new studs in. would the lack of back pressure cause it to get hot?

·
Banned
31 Posts
I'm thinking it would cause the fuel mixture to be off. To lean I believe.. Try getting new studs and the exhaust back together and see what happens.
ye, quite good idea.

you can have a try

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
how did the flange warp. i have never had that problem on my hondas thats why i ask saber said the right thing tough the bike is jetted for the after market ex so it would be better to go back with it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the flange did not warp, it was the actual pipe. With the dg exhaust, i'd get about 1/2 throttle and the bike would cut out. Ive read a few different threads on it but none seem to cure my problem. Had the bike out today. Ran well but did not have the umph it had with the dg. I do need to put a smaller jet back in but id rather have the aftermarket exhaust back on. if anyone has cured probs like this, please advise.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
the flange did not warp, it was the actual pipe. With the dg exhaust, i'd get about 1/2 throttle and the bike would cut out. Ive read a few different threads on it but none seem to cure my problem. Had the bike out today. Ran well but did not have the umph it had with the dg. I do need to put a smaller jet back in but id rather have the aftermarket exhaust back on. if anyone has cured probs like this, please advise.

Have you ever checked the gap on the valves?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts