ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i replaced the stator wiring harness and cdi on my 91 warrior and m still not getting spark??? i hate wiring not very good at it i know the stator is good its brand new the cdi im not sure about can someone help me with this problem please

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the stator was somplete it came with one i tested both and it was good could a kill switch cause it or a bad ground on the wiring harness?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmm i paid 400 for the quad i replaced the stator cdi wiring harness and it turns over great with the button but i never get spark i have the bike hooked to a jump pack cuz i didnt get a battery for it yet

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
is there a way to test the switch also what else could cause this i tried a test light on the orange wire right off the cdi and i get nothing

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
I would just bypass the switch. I am not sure how to do it though. That would be a certain way to rule it as the problem or not the problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Find the wires going to the kill switch and unplug the connector. There should be 3 wires, red/white, black/white, and black. With the switch off, test for continuity between the black wire and the black/white wire in the plug on the switch side. There should be continuity. With the switch in the run position, there shouldn't be any continuity between the black and black/white wire.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have you replaced the CDI, yet? Or the ignition coil? That's about all that's left, unless something is wrong with the wiring somewhere.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Some years had a problem with the wiring where it comes around the frame right before it enters the CDI, but I can't remember which years. I would look for any chafed places in the wire insulation in that area. There might be a wire grounding out on the frame.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
we tested the coil and it was good i replaced the cdi with a used one that was apperantly taken off a running quad ill see if i can find another cdi i have another wiring harness to so i may as well replace that to i bought it and it didnt have spark when i bought it but since then i replaced everything eletrical i got a rmstator off ebay for 149 are they good

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so we tested the kill switch its good as well then stator pulses like it should but we dont get power from the orange wire off the cdi everything else is good i changed the wiring harness 3 times so is it a bad cdi?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts