• kymco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 6 4.3%
81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
I bought a 2001 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4wd that had been abandoned. Sat in a field for 10 years, including snow. Previous owner basically did no maintenance. Brake pads worn through the backing plate and halfway through the piston. Carb seized etc. So, rebuilt calipers, New Chinese carb and she fired right off. Changed all fluids, gave her new wheels and tires, put new external shift assembly on her and she's working great. No smoking, no knocking. I'm amazed at how this thing has survived the neglect.

Mad

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 1986 honda 350 cc 4x4 View attachment 3643 View attachment 3644
I have one of these amazing reliability Had it for 10 years moderate use handling logs trail rides Plowing snow changed oils did adjustments and put on a set of tires
I am 73 and getting more fragile so I just bought a used 450 Kodiak Yamaha
Needed easier steering and independent suspension Also love the “no shifting” setup on it
Bill W Nova Scotia

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have one of these amazing reliability Had it for 10 years moderate use handling logs trail rides Plowing snow changed oils did adjustments and put on a set of tires
I am 73 and getting more fragile so I just bought a used 450 Kodiak Yamaha
Needed easier steering and independent suspension Also love the “no shifting” setup on it
Bill W Nova Scotia
I completely understand. I lost compression so I guess now it’s time for a rebuild. And might throw a some new seals and bearings in the diffs for many more years of driving

81 - 88 of 88 Posts