• Honda

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 7 12.1%
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
mine would be Honda, or Yamaha. Probably because its cheap and reliable. If i could id choose a Can am renegade for the swamps up north.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can Ams

I have 2 Can Am 570's, one 2018 Outlander single, the other a 2016 OutlanderL Max 2-up. When I picked these 2 machines up the '18 only 38 miles on it and 3 months left on the warranty. I just picked up the '16 right as our riding season was ending and the trails closing down. I had another '16 that I had purchased sight unseen. I had my brother go and check it out for me. With him not really not knowing much about ATV's, He went purely by physical appearance. The fact that it had brand new rubber, no cracks in the plastics, clean and only 342 miles on it didn't hurt. It was located in Fort Collins Colorado 10 hours away. Left late afternoon on Saturday pulled into my brothers in the wee hours of the Morning, slept for 3 hours, got up road it a bit on
the paved streets of the subdivision, loaded it and was on the road by 6 a.m. for the trip back. Got home unloaded it and drove it around some more and noticed that it was steering a little hard. The guy had lied about the power steering, it didn't have any. I just didn't know enough, at the time, about Can Ams and what exactly to look for. The fact that it had brand new Sedona Rip Saw tires on it didn't help the steering either. Chaulked that one up to experience. Ended up riding it for the remainder of the season and all this summer. Great machine no issues at all. Sold the Rip Saw tires and purchased a used set of factory wheels and tires, it rode much smoother and steered way better after that. Enter the one I just bought right after all of our trails had closed. Found another ad on Craigslist one afternoon after work in a town 80 miles from home a small dealership was consigning the machine for a guy who had just divorced and was getting rid of his now x-wife's machine. Only 391 miles, Power Steering, heated grips and thumb warmer, winch, plow mount, and brand new Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 radial tires. ($600 tires) Drove over the next day and picked it up. Only draw back was the color.:thumbsdown:, not a big fan of Yellow! Got it home and just couldn't get myself to fall in love with the color. So I switched the plastics from my other machine. Both machines were very clean but washed both after the switch was made, changed the oil and differentials, snapped some pics of my old machine, now yellow, and posted it on Craigslist. It sold in 7 days for $100 less than the one I bought with all of the extras and the guy was tickled with what he got. The yellow one really was easy to sell because it was in really great shape, So......all of that to say I really haven't gotten a chance to take my latest purchase out into the hill yet but appears to be in great shape. The shop I bought it from had just done a full service, had installed the winch and grip warmers, and put the new tires on it for the owner, had also done the break in fluid changes on it so knew the machine well. Looking forward to the first trail ride next spring.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ride a Polaris 570 sportsman 2019. My third ATV to own. I ride them until they are wore out. Have 24 hours and 398 miles. Had to go on two brakein rides, make sure it was going to be a good wheeler. It is.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts