ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

hi there, I have an issue with, X-Pro, Moto Pro from Amazon. I have this noise that I cant tell what it is or where its coming from. I think its the engine. What would you charge to look at the videos and give me your opinion?

starts at.15

·
Registered
174 Posts
Welcome to the forum. It seem to be increasing with the speed of the vehicle not the speed of the engine. I would say some kind of transmission related bearing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum. It seem to be increasing with the speed of the vehicle not the speed of the engine. I would say some kind of transmission related bearing.
Thanks so much for your input. Sounds possible. If you have time, look at this:
Here I removed the rear wheels and carefully placed the vise grips so I could turn the shaft. The clanking only happens in the turning of that shaft as if the bike would be going forward. No noise in reverse. Also removing and re-setting that rear disk brake helped a little by its self because one of the pads was rubbing. BTW, how do you loosen the tension on that chain? It is so tight, there's no play what so ever. Thanks

·
Registered
174 Posts
Wow. That chain is tight. Sometimes when they are that tight it will grab ahold of the teeth on the front sprocket and make a sound like that. I didn’t see a way to loosen it though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great answer. Thanks.
Begs the question, how can the chain be loosened? I mean how did they get the chain on there, to begin with. What about loosening those two rear bolts and moving the rear assembly forward a bit? But then what about the alignment of the rear wheels. Use a tape measure from the axel to a point on the front frame? lol.
No company up here in Greenville, SC wants to touch it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
It probably is those two bolts kind of like a motorcycle. Look close there may be some marks where it slides to align it with. The tape measure would work to I would think.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Look at this new video.

Took the rear wheels off and turned the axel with a loose vise grip forward, not reverse. You can clearly hear that clanking. Thoughts?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
can you believe it!!!!
I found that by tightening down the sprocket nut the support bracket stopped moving back and forth. Hey, there is no noise anymore..
. Thank you everyone for the suggestions and support. Love this bike, ATV, Utility 4 wheeler.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts