ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm sure this question has been asked countless times on this forum. I'm new to ATV's and even Motorsports all together. I recently visited my brother in-law in Kentucky and I got the opportunity to spend a few days toying around on his 2002 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO. Let's just say I had the time of my life... Now I'm in the market for a 2012 Big Bore. I have been to about 10 dealerships and took a look at all of the major brand ATV's out there. I obviously stared with a Polaris dealer, but I am not completely positive that the 2012 800 EFI is the best bang for my buck. A local dealer offered me a $500 discount off MSRP ($7500) with basically no interest. I also found a 2012 Brute Force 750 for $7000. Anyway, getting back to the brands. I'm looking for RELIABILITY and obviously performance. I have considered the Can Am Outlander 800 (Too much money), Arctic Cat 700, Yamaha Grizzly 700 (Not very impressed with their statistics), Kawasaki Brute Force 750 (Top of my list), and the Polaris 800 EFI (Also, top of my list). Please help me decide on which machine will best fit my needs. Oh, yeah, "MY NEEDS". I am honestly just going to be driving on Maine/New Hampshire trails. Little to no mudding and some mild rock climbing.

Please don't be bias and loyal to what you're riding. I really don't wanna make a $7000 mistake. Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Polaris is good, but the parts are not as readily available. I would suggest a Yamaha Grizzly, or Kodiak. Yamaha makes very dependible machines and parts are easier to find when your out in the middle of no where riding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts