ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an experienced ATV rider, but I haven't really been into quads since college (about 10 yrs ago). I am looking at buying a sport 450 for riding trails and occasionally going to the MI sand dunes. I am also not a competent mechanic, so I need one that is reliable. I also might have an itch to race once in a great while. I have been to several dealers and would like to know the opinions/pros/cons of anyone that has a 450 because my wife told me: If you can finance it, get it.

Here are my opinions: TRX-fit feels great and comfortable to me. Controls are easy and Honda has a great rep for reliability. Kick or Electric?

Yfz- feels a little cramped to me. controls feel fine. do they still have the problems with the charging system overheating and catching fire?

Suzuki LTR-pretty sweet, felt fine, only got a chance to sit on 1 and it was used with some aftermarket items.

KXF 450-haven't had a chance to get on one.

DS 450-felt fine, but controls were really hard to pull. (dealer has an 08 new for 5200.

Don't know about the KTM or Polaris 450s

So...give me some feedback.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
I had a trx 450. liked it but not the maintenance. oil changes valve adjustments to much for my riding styles. I have a 400ex now. I like the honda and the Suzuki because of the way they feel. The Suzi also comes wider and more moto cross ready. a couple of mods like a cherry bomb and remove the spark arrestor and its a lot faster. But if I was to buy a new one I think it would be a Suzuki.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i think yfz is the best xc bike for the money trx from what i here is the best jumper ltr is to wide for fast trail riding kfx is a nice bike but as far as maintenance goes it just dependes on how hard u ride but if u got the credit u should go with the ktm my opinon the best bike out there

1 - 5 of 5 Posts