ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody I am new here to this forum and already in need of some help. I've decided that I would like to get myself a sport 4 wheeler to go along with my 2002 Rubicon. All I have ever owned is Honda, but I am willing to give other brands a chance. My riding cosists of very wide open fast trail riding and slow technical trails. Basically what I am looking for is a sport bike that will flat out RUN FAST in the wide open, but still be able to slow down and putt around the tight slow woods trails without haveing to be constintly on the clutch. Reliability is also very important to me I want a bike that will last forever and be pretty easy to maintain. What I am looking at is the Honda 450r, the Suzuki Z400, and the Yamaha Raptor 700r. I will be buying new also.

·
Banned
377 Posts
Welcome to the board.

The yamaha 450 is the fastest w/the stiffest suspension. The honda 450 is the all around best from what I have seen(You can pick em up for around 4g). My wife has a new LTR450 and it came stock almost ready to race w/+2 a-arms, but It was insanely expensive$$$:eek:(9g). I have never liked Suzuki(slow hoochie). It is a real pain in the arse to repare==You have to take the whole fender off to change the radiator fluid(fun).
All the new 450's have a shorter piston skirt for higher speed(They don't last like the old 4-strokes, but are way faster).
On my wife's 450 the header tube glows RED after 10min. of idling(She burns her boot allot) Imo...I think 2-stroke atv's are cheaper and easier to fix. Maybe a TRX250R(2-stroke). My wife had the TRX250EX and it was like a turtle=It wouldn't even make it up small hill climbs w/ softer dirt(It has the long lasting engine though).

Imo...I would stick with the best HONDA.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
377 Posts
Z400...

The 400 4-stroke quads are fast but, are like a 1/2 as fast as the 450 because of the shortened piston skirt. I have some friends that love their Raptors(A bit heavy). I went to buy one over the new 450 and The guy started That bad arse Raptor and it was quieter than the 450.:dunno: I just decided to wait. I guess I couldn't judge it until I rode it:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts