ATV Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined the site- seeking some assistance in working on my 2008 Kawasaki Brute Force 750. Here's the scoop:

Was checking fences this weekend. When I stepped off the atv, I noticed the coolant in the reservoir was boiling. Also noticed that the "temperature" warning was flashing on the display (wasn't paying attention to the display while riding, so didn't notice it before). Immediately killed the engine, and since I did not want to overheat it (more than it already was) I walked back to my pickup about 2 miles away.

I loaded the atv on a trailer and brought it home. I made sure that the reservoir was full of coolant, and started the atv. I let it run for quite a while, giving it some throttle, and also letting it idle. I noticed that the radiator fan never came on, although the engine was getting hot. I did not wait for the "temperature" warning light to come on, did not want to get it that hot again.

I also do not see anywhere that the coolant is leaking around the radiator or the engine, etc. The only place it was coming out was the reservoir overflow while it was boiling.

So now I am not sure what to do. Is it a fan/electrical problem? Is it a thermostat problem? I thought about this, but does the thermostat control the fan? Or could it be a water pump problem?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks a bunch-

WestTexasRancher

1 - 1 of 1 Posts