ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a little advice/direction..........Let me preface this by saying I love my husband very much and I haven't said a single negative word to him about this subject.....

About a year ago my husband (and I) purchased a brand new Can Am 4whlr, and he was so excited because he thought it was just what he wanted for hunting and riding. Well it took one trip to the woods and across the creek for him to determine this was not the 4whlr for him. He decided to trade it to a friend of a friend for a 1970's something truck and a Kawasaki Brute Force with extras. Of course he thought this was a great trade as he told me the 4whlr alone was worth "about 10 grand".

Well the great trade has turned into a 1970's something truck that sits in the driveway, and a 4whlr that never seems to get fixed and needs to have alot of the "extras" removed to work correctly.

Needless to say, it's almost deer season again, and he doesn't have a 4whlr. What I'd like to know is the best way to get rid of this one - sell it as is maybe- to just get him something reasonable. It runs and someone with a little more mechanical knowledge and time probably wouldn't have any trouble getting everything in working order.

What would be the best way to sell it or trade for something he could use? Any help would be greatly appreciated.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd have to find out exactly (obviously I don't know a lot about it), but it has a snorkle kit, mudzilla tires, lift kit, exhaust (I think he just put the stock exhaust back on), and something about the carburetor but I think he just rebuilt that. I can't remember if he's mentioned anything else.

He would be much happier with a new Honda with some good tires. He won't just go get one cause he feels guilty about this bad decision and wants to get rid of this one before he gets anything else.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
good thinking

HONDA is a GREAT choice. take your loses try to sell it out right you will get more for it than trading it. hopefully you owe nothing on any of them. go get a HONDA! what was wrong with the can am my buddy has one and he loves it i think its like an 800 ive seen it but im into sport bikes. i have a 400ex 2007 and a 450r kick start 2004 i love both of them my 450 is moto cross ready so i work on it a little but it does not give me any problems. and the 400ex is my trail bike and it is stock and never a prob. Good luck!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts