ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been around ATV's & Bikes for over 30 years. Owned, ridden & repaired heaps. Helped those, who are genuine, to get back on their feet again. And there are common reasons as to why these forums go tits up or become a waste of ones time.
1. They encourage IDIOTS to join.
2. The grammar is totally PATHETIC.
3. Even if the answer given is correct, and most times it bears little relevance to the question, it is because of item 1. Majority of answers given are from those who cannot fix their own faults but feel they can fix someone elses.
Have a genuine question, put in proper English, and show that you are GENUINELY interested in getting it right, then it shall be done.
That's my 10c worth. What is YOUR view??????:dunno:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have been around ATV's & Bikes for over 30 years. Owned, ridden & repaired heaps. Helped those, who are genuine, to get back on their feet again. And there are common reasons as to why these forums go tits up or become a waste of ones time.
1. They encourage IDIOTS to join.
2. The grammar is totally PATHETIC.
3. Even if the answer given is correct, and most times it bears little relevance to the question, it is because of item 1. Majority of answers given are from those who cannot fix their own faults but feel they can fix someone elses.
Have a genuine question, put in proper English, and show that you are GENUINELY interested in getting it right, then it shall be done.
That's my 10c worth. What is YOUR view??????:dunno:
I am a member of a few sites like this for both my bike and my truck. I have read a few of the posts that you have put up here and without trying to start a war, you seem to be what people who frequent sites like these call a TROLL. I have responded to a couple of your posts and cannot believe how you could be so negative especially since it seems as though you have just joined the site.

Clearly not everyone is as smart and well versed in the ATV world as you are. If you do not like the questions that are asked, or the topics that are brought up, maybe you should spend you time somewhere else, I for one think that the site would be better off without you.

Grammer is not a mandatory requirement to need help solving a problem, or having the ability to solve one. Some people may not have had the opportunities that you have had to take grammer school and whatnot, but I could bet that most of them could fix a bike as well or better than you might be able to and are probably a great deal more interesting to speak with. As far as I know, this site like many others, are supposed to be somewhat informal anyway.

Although I have not been here much longer than you, I feel that I contribute positive information. If I cannot do that, I do not contribue at all. Maybe you should adopt the same policy. That's my two cents worth!

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
I am a member of a few sites like this for both my bike and my truck. I have read a few of the posts that you have put up here and without trying to start a war, you seem to be what people who frequent sites like these call a TROLL. I have responded to a couple of your posts and cannot believe how you could be so negative especially since it seems as though you have just joined the site.

Clearly not everyone is as smart and well versed in the ATV world as you are. If you do not like the questions that are asked, or the topics that are brought up, maybe you should spend you time somewhere else, I for one think that the site would be better off without you.

Grammer is not a mandatory requirement to need help solving a problem, or having the ability to solve one. Some people may not have had the opportunities that you have had to take grammer school and whatnot, but I could bet that most of them could fix a bike as well or better than you might be able to and are probably a great deal more interesting to speak with. As far as I know, this site like many others, are supposed to be somewhat informal anyway.

Although I have not been here much longer than you, I feel that I contribute positive information. If I cannot do that, I do not contribue at all. Maybe you should adopt the same policy. That's my two cents worth!
I agree with you!:thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts