ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Hope someone can help. I have a 1995 350 wolverine with very little use, almost like new. One of the first times I went to change the oil I used a standard socket and started to round off the corners of the drain bolt. I switched to a metric , but it was slipping to. So for many years I have been siphoning the oil from the fill hole to change it. The other day I siphoned out the old oil and tried to "flush" it with some unlabeled oil I had around for years that I thought was 10w 30. Several slow laps around a 3 acre field the when I went to siphon the oil it was like creme with a tiny bit of coffee. Today I tried to flush it with some new 10 w 30 and several laps around the field and the oil is coming out like of colored creme again. Tried to remove the drainplug with ( yes i will admit it) vise grips. Now the drain plug is really distorted. any advice on removing the drain plug or why the oil is milky would be appreciated. ( or advice on where to get advice.)The oil may have been vacum pump oil, cant think of any other specialty oils I would have around.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Agreed you need to get it all out, but you may have a bigger problem. Sometimes milky oil is a result of having water in it. Have you recently been in some pretty deep water? I would also check the coolant (not sure if the wolv is liquid) and make sure that you are not losing any.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts