ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2000 banshee I'm the original owner and I've neglected it quite a bit over the years due to life getting in the way of my hobbies and stuff
Anyway I've decided to sell bike and after a couple of offers I became motivated to rebuild bike bring it back to we perfect of condition. Since it left showroom floor anyway so far I've purchased all necessary parts to do so like +2 axle as upgrade 4 new holeshot tires new ASV levers upgrade also
And a whole bunch of other stuff one headlight new headlight covers etc etc also new carb jets due to fmf pipes having been installed anyway my question pretty straight forward
What do I need to look for and listen for to know if i need to change piston and rings or do any engine work ? I'm very inclined mechanically but trouble shooting a different story, I don't wanna have to take engine apart to inspect piston rings and cylinders , if there is a way to tell if I need to go to that extent if you get what I'm trying to say

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got a 2000 banshee I'm the original owner and I've neglected it quite a bit over the years due to life getting in the way of my hobbies and stuff
Anyway I've decided to sell bike and after a couple of offers I became motivated to rebuild bike bring it back to we perfect of condition. Since it left showroom floor anyway so far I've purchased all necessary parts to do so like +2 axle as upgrade 4 new holeshot tires new ASV levers upgrade also
And a whole bunch of other stuff one headlight new headlight covers etc etc also new carb jets due to fmf pipes having been installed anyway my question pretty straight forward
What do I need to look for and listen for to know if i need to change piston and rings or do any engine work ? I'm very inclined mechanically but trouble shooting a different story, I don't wanna have to take engine apart to inspect piston rings and cylinders , if there is a way to tell if I need to go to that extent if you get what I'm trying to say
you don't need to take apart the engine. search on google and you'll find plenty of ways to check whether you need to change piston & rings or not. :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts