ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Yamaha beartracker 250 my electric start stoped working resently my starter relay would click when I pulled the left brake in all the way but when I push the start button nothing happens so I replaced the relay and it does the same thing what should I do?

·
Registered
171 Posts
You can determine if the starter itself is bad by jumping 12v directly to the starter. Either use a direct wire or jump the start relay plug. If the starter works, your problem is either in the start button itself, the ignition switch or one of the
safety switches. Verify power at the ignition and start button first.

Mad

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can determine if the starter itself is bad by jumping 12v directly to the starter. Either use a direct wire or jump the start relay plug. If the starter works, your problem is either in the start button itself, the ignition switch or one of the
safety switches. Verify power at the ignition and start button first.

Mad
I tested the starter with jumper cables and it worked so I'm going to get a new starter button and see if that fixes it

·
Registered
171 Posts
Good job. When I got my quad the start button didn't work and the pull starter was seized. I ended up
replacing the left control pod which includes the start button. Everything works now.

Mad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts