ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have found a yfz 450 that I’m considering buying. He said it needs some tlc, pretty simple stuff. But he said “the fan is wired to the switch.” When he tried to explain it it made no sense. What does that mean and how do I fix it?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I would say that temperature switch that turns on the fan went bad and they didn’t want to replace it and it was too expensive or it was overheating and they decided the fan needed to run all the time. Be careful unless it is really cheap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the listing for the quad. He’s asking 1800. Idk if it’s worth it or not

“2006 yfz 450. Carb model. They are the same from 2004 to 2013 including motor and plastics. Fresh rebuild. Oil mod. Sparks pipe full custom intake. New battery Runs great. Stupid fast. Open to trades lmk what u got It has no back bar and needs some tlc. Like plastic bolts missing and a nerf bar bolt. And the fan is in a switch but will go wherever. The strongest point of the bike is the motor. I paid 2200 for the bike but am getting a brand new yfz450r. No title but u can take pic of my id the bike vin number and I will write bill of sale”

·
Registered
69 Posts
This is what I would do. Kelly Blue Book trade in value is around $2000. I would subtract what I thought the repairs would cost from the $2000 and make that my offer. All he can do is say no. That fan thing would really concern me. I would probably offer him $1200. Sport quads don’t really hold their value like utility quads. It really sounds like he is trying to recoup some of his money from you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts